Wednesday 30 April 2008

Why Not Orthodox?

I have a deep respect for the Eastern Orthodox Churches, their traditions and their liturgies. If they were in communion with Rome, I would probably choose to worship with them. Relations between the Greek Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church where I live are excellent.
I do find the Orthodox teachings on divorce and contraception to be weak. Rome is surely right on these matters and this is thanks to the Papal Magisterium. Orthodox Christians are sometimes critical of what they perceive to be precise definitions by Rome on matters such as Real Presence. However, historically it was the great Eastern Fathers such as Athanasius and the Cappadocian Fathers who were very precise when it came to matters of definitions. Rome has simply continued this tradition.

1 comment:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Have updated my blog...you might want to add links...& a few more posts Pravin!